That's the thing that comes to mind when someone reverted to Islam right? Well if you're a guy =P
Then someone asked, "other religion didn't do this, how come Islam like that one? (in a negative way)"
hmm...that time, I don't know how to answer cos I don't have the knowledge, now with the little bit of knowledge I've gain;
Disclaimer: So I'll share some info that I've gathered, which I think is accurate...so pandai2 lah, before u wanna say anything, go check it out first okay...
Our prophet Nabi Muhammad s.a.w; definitely has more than one wives; (13 i think)
There's a reason for it, and it's not about taking advantages.
most of the mariage are done when our Prophet was above 55 years of age, EPF retirement age...
He started receiving his revelation at the age of 40 years old; so his marriages are all after that period;
I don't have the right knowledge nor did I study a lot about his history; so here goes!
- some were arranged marriage. (Already happens at that time, where people just married in respect of to build a better future, right? =)
- one is married so that she can revert to Islam. (I think mine was something like that? and I'm not the only one =)
- one married was to take care of her family and children.
- one marriage is for political reasons. (still occurring now right? even for those non-Islam countries those royal families)
- one of them is to make peace between 2 places at war.
- one of them was a prisoners of war.
- order from Allah S.W.T.
Another fact is that; those marriage are from divorcee; where the husband has been fallen in wars or other cases...
So now you know, it's not for lust, or those "play boy" stuff...
Well, this all triggered from the spread of a whatsapp message in a group...talking about polygamy; I'll just copy and paste it after the break below...oh it's in Malay, I'm not sure about the accuracy of the texts, but look it up if you have to.
Assalamualaikum and thanks for reading, hope this helps you a little in understanding more on Islam.